Sunday, July 19, 2020
The COVID-19 Advisory Team at St. John has reviewed the responses of the recent worship survey regarding the gradual re-opening of the church for Sunday services. Survey results indicate that there is an interest in gathering together for worship in a way that minimizes the risk of transmitting or acquiring the COVID-19 virus.
Please review the guidance for our July 19th outdoor worship service.
Guidance for Outside Worship at St. John
July 19, 2020 - 9:30 am
On July 19th, at 9:30 am, St. John will be offering an outdoor service in the central parking lot (to maximize shade) with the following guidelines:
• Worshipers will be asked to bring their own lawn chairs. Seating locations will be marked for each party (members of a household who live together and therefore can be seated together) at a distance of at least 6 feet from other parties.
• Parking ushers will direct traffic to available parking, below and above the area marked off for worship.
• Children present at the service should remain with their parents/guardians. Families with small children will be able to sit on the side of the seating space to give access to a larger area for roaming. Vince will be asking families about the possibility of having children go with him and another volunteer to have an activity time during part of the service.
• Face coverings (covering nose and mouth) must be worn, except by those under two years old or those with breathing difficulties. This is a covenant we make with one another so that all will be able to feel safe.
• Individually packaged pre-filled Communion juice cups and wafers will be served to those desiring communion.
• There will be no congregational singing or loud unison speaking.
• The church building will not be accessible for bathroom use. We are exploring having a Porta-Potty available for use on the premises.
• The service will be taped. We will have a taped service available for those not able to be physically present.
• We welcome all healthy individuals who feel comfortable gathering in this manner; however, PLEASE STAY HOME IF YOU ARE SICK, OR THINK YOU MAY HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO SOMEONE WITH COVID-19.
• There will be an in-kind collection of food items and dry goods. Specific lists will be published elsewhere.